Cost of Student Life in Russia. Prices in Russia Updated for 2021!
Whether you are coming for study in Moscow or St. Petersburg both are the most favorite destination to explore. Monthly cost of life in Russia as compared to US, London, UK and other countries is very cheap.
All people think about this question that How much do you need for life in Russia ? Well saving money is very important for our students and when it comes to Russia, prices in Russia are about USD 220 to USD 300 to live here as students in modest environment
Students in Russia get the elite class education in just USD 3000 to 5000 per year in best State universities (Check Fees of Russian State Universities for 2021 https://ribttes.com/fees-structure-of-russian-universities/) Whereas the daily life prices in Moscow and daily life prices in Saint Petersburg is only around USD 200 .
Price of Daily life Items in Russia 2021
Plan your plan budget as per these latest prices in Russia. This price is last updated on 5th March, 2021 for average price estimates.
- Average Tuition Fee US $2000- $3500
- Accommodation per month US $100 to US $ 300 as per your living style
- Pack of a Cigarette in Moscow or Saint Petersburg is about US$ 1 to $ 3
- Internet pacakge per month US $ 6 to US $ 10
- Daily Menu US $ 3 to US $12
- Utilities per month ( Studio Apartment) US $100
- Moscow Metro 1 month smart card US $ 85
- Used Cars ( 1300 cc ) about 5 to 10 years old model is from US $ 3000 to $ 7000
- New Cars ( 1300 cc) from about US $ 8000 to $ 20000 ( More you can check car deals in Russia here https://auto.ru/ )
- Car fuel/ litre US $ 0.7
- Movie Ticket about US $ 3 t0 $ 10
- Hermitage Ticket about US $ 10
- Fruits per kg US$ 2 to $4
- Mcdonalds Meal in Moscow or Saint Petersburg is about US $ 1 to $5
- Milk per litre less than US $ 1
- Dozen Eggs about US $ 1.2
- Water Bottle ( 1.5 litres ) about US$ 0.5
- Rice per Kg US$ 1 to $ 2
- Gym fee per month US $ 25 to $ 34
- Bottle of Wine / Beer US $ 8 to $ 20 or even more
- Pair of Jeans US $ 20 to $ 100
Prices for Student Accommodations in Russia
The shared hostel accommodations in state universities hostels starts from only US 60 to 90 per month. Usually 3 to 5 students share the dormitory rooms.
Accommodation in Moscowx
In case you are more privacy concerned and willing to spend well for the living standards, then private home stay is the best option. A normal shared room rent in Moscow and Saint petersburg is about USD 100 to 150 per month.
The prices in the elite and expensive areas start from $1000 (per month) and goes quite high for the furnished ones.
The shared rooms and apartments are well suited when you are with the pack of friends or known communities. You can make good arrangements in about $300 to $ 600 for shared accommodations in the suburbs of main cities.
Cost of Getting Around in Russia
Spending your student life in Russia is a wonderful opportunity for getting around in Russia. Annual charges for traveling card of Metro usually cost $400 to $500.
Enjoy the marvelous tourist spots in Russia at about $ 3 a day with metros!
Saving some Money for Emergencies
Other than your running expenses, the foreign students should make some safe deposits for emergencies.
Although health insurance is a must need to study in Russia and RIBTTES provides free health insurance for students in Russia but you should be having at least $500 saved with you for serious illnesses, emergencies or to travel back to your country.
To fully enjoy your student life in Russia, you should have a fair knowledge of what you are going to face in the foreign country and at what cost!